market-farming - [Market-farming] Selling PYO flowers?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wake Robin Farm" <megschader AT wakerobinfarm.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Selling PYO flowers?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:26:47 -0400

Hello!
For the past five years, we have grown an extensive pick-your-own flower
field just for our 140 CSA members. We are thinking about "going public"
with the flowers next year, and advertising our farm for PYO flowers by the
bucket.
Does anyone have any experience selling PYO flowers off the farm? Any ideas
about pricing and/or containers? We would run this as a self-serve shop, so
I'd like to keep it simple and stream-lined.
Any experience would be helpful. Thanks!

Meg Schader
Wake Robin Farm
125 Brutus Rd.
Jordan, NY 13080
315-689-0034
meg AT wakerobinfarm.org
www.wakerobinfarm.org

  • [Market-farming] Selling PYO flowers?, Wake Robin Farm, 08/26/2004