market-farming - [Market-farming] Covered Markets?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Covered Markets?
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:10:18 -0700 (PDT)

>We are located in the Idaho panhandle near the Canadian border. Even
summer weather can be extremely difficult for vendors and customers
alike. The State Highway Dept. is getting ready to build a Gateway to
America Visitor's center in the parking lot where our market has set up
for years. It looks like the Market may be able to get some grant
funding to get some sort of covered shelter, perhaps as part of the new
Center. Are any of your markets covered? If so what are they like? Has
anyone on the list been involved with developing a sheltered market?
What are your experiences? Any info would be greatly appreciated...
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics