market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Growing Baby Squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Growing Baby Squash
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 09:13:55 -0400

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 05:58:16 -0400, you wrote:

>Also, is there some way you have planted your squash to make finding
>small squash 'easier'? Do you prune your plants?

The bright yellow ones are easy to find. I'm growing
Sunburst Hybrid (bright yellow pattypan squash) this year,
and it's just gorgeous - a really bright, rich color, easy
to spot. Very appealing little squashes! I really like
this one.

I'm also growing Ronde de Nice zucchini (not as easy to
spot): round, pale green zucchinis. Something a bit
different, and excellent for stuffing.

I think you could ask more per pound for the 'gourmet' and
unusual varieties like these, thereby making up the
difference in poundage between the baby squashes and larger
ones.

>Sorry. I have to ask questions like these! ;-)

I think that's what this list is for. If we don't ask, we
don't learn, right? <grin> BTW, I'm happy to have a good
resource in this list (thanks again, Liz!).

Cheers,
Pat
--
Coming soon: www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful