market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] June Bugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Tannen" <david AT centerville.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] June Bugs
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:17:49 -0500

These may be Japanese Beetles. They are everywhere out here (Middle
Tennessee); especially liking my edamame soybeans. In the morning they
are more docile. At this time I take a bucket with soapy water in the
bottom and a stick. With the stick I hit the branch or leaf and the
beetles fall in the water. The soap keeps them from flying and they
drown. Hope this helps.

David