market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Buying Manure

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Buying Manure
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 07:01:34 -0400

Allan:

Nope - never pay for manure. I have a rabbit breeder friend - in
Lincoln, VA - who will give you as much rabbit manure as you could
possibly need!

I bet. Where's Lincoln?

There's also Lynnfield Horse Farm, on Rt. 9, just east of Breaux
Vineyards. They'll even load it for you.

Been there. Not the quality we need. Thanks.

If the "school teaching couple" wants something, and you like their, um,
stuff - give 'em some veggies!

Manure normally goes into their garden (believe me, they'e used enough) They are also trying to sell me spuds. Guess what?

Lotta nerve, if you ask me. Aren't they just letting it sit there???

They spread it on their place, but, of course, too much manure is too much manure (but they may not know that)

You also need to educate them about the finances of farming, my friend!

Robert - I assume they are asking for money from me because they are already educated!!
That's the bind: wouldn't I like to sell my waste stream, also? (What IS my waste stream? piles of rocks??)

Thanks!!

Yow!

--
Robert Farr
The Chile Man

* A sustainable farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas, mustards,
and barbecue.
* Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com
* Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html
* Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year. See our web site for
details!