market-farming - [Market-farming] re: Drying Cilantro

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] re: Drying Cilantro
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:13:46 -0400

Hi Jerry,
To us, there is no comparison between fresh cilantro and dried. My
Dh is an ex-chef ( is there such a thing??!) and we would never sub dried
for fresh in anything calling for cilantro. Cilantro grows so fast, that
if you replant now, it will still be in along with the longer-lasting
basil - if you keep all flowers removed from the basils. I know there
are some uses for dried cilantro, but the stuff is not a dramatic flavor
that most chefs look for in the art of cooking.
Good luck!
Toni in KY
out now to sow Cilantro for the third time this year!

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!