market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] blights

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] blights
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:36:38 -0400

for the past several years we've had blights on our tomatoes. We took to succession planting (which allowed us to have tomatoes) and last year we planted tomatoes in a new field, pretty far away from the previous tomato field, but still the blight.

This year we again moved the tomatoes, but not all that far away from last year's tomatoes and.... no blight yet. In fact the plants look great.

The difference between this year and year's gone by, we're behind on staking.

Does this mean that we've been moving disease around on our tomato stakes? Is that possible?

Leigh