market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] holding down Row Cover (was Rabbits)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] holding down Row Cover (was Rabbits)
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 00:33:01 EDT

I am in major wind country and here is my method: I staple the down wind side and use rocks on the windy side. That way all that I have to do to get in for weeding or to remove row cover if it is too hot is to roll back the rocks and pull the row cover to the other side. It works well and is readily available in case of hail or high winds. I pulled over 2500' of row cover this week due to hail warnings. Needless to say, the hail never came.

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm

www.IdleThymeFarms.com

A place where time stands still, where back to nature is simply a way of life!

  • Re: [Market-farming] holding down Row Cover (was Rabbits), IdleThymeFarm, 06/07/2004