market-farming - [Market-farming] RE: Eliot Coleman

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Jensen" <bjensen AT johnnyseeds.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE: Eliot Coleman
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:39:27 -0400

Eliot and Barbara are indeed still market farming. I have been to their
farm several times - it really is a lovely sight to see their productive
greenhouses in the middle of our cold Maine winters. Both Eliot and
Barbara do some public speaking, so look for them at various conferences
throughout the year. Eliot is our tool advisor here at Johnny's Selected
Seeds, and he is in contact with us frequently with ideas for new or
improved products.

Beth Jensen
Herb Product Manager
Johnny's Selected Seeds
Email:bjensen AT johnnyseeds.com
Website: www.johnnyseeds.com

Matt wrote:
Thanks. Yeah, I know about their website, but it hasn't been updated in

quite a while. Their 'Calendar' for 2004 has four dates: New Years Day,

First Day of Spring, Barbara's Bday, Eliot's BDay. The rest of the site

is very generic, as if they threw something together a few years ago
just
to have a web presence, and then basically forgot about it.

Does anyone on this list regularly interact with either of them? I can
understand their desire to keep a low profile, being as well-known as
they are -- but I wonder sometimes if they take it too far. I'd hope
that they're a-growin' stuff for local markets as well as continuing to
teach and learn, but of course I have no idea.

Matt