market-farming - [Market-farming] USDA threatens organic -- NOT

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: shepherd ogden <shepogden AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] USDA threatens organic -- NOT
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:32:42 -0700 (PDT)

In the face of spreading pressure, the USDA today rescinded the changes in the NOP regulations.

http://www.ota.com

Coverage really began to mushroom over the past few days, and we were about to pop them, too, on some internal correspondence and web pages taken down...

But they blinked. I think they didn't want another 275,000 complaints like last time.

Shep