market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] No more red mulch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] No more red mulch
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:03:33 -0400

Its not supposed to stop weeds. Red mulch was tested at or research farm 12
years ago we found you need to fumigate or apply herbicides first before
adding
mulch. The best thing we found was that nutsedge which normally pokes theough
black mulch bends over under red. We also found tomatoes yield best on red
mulch. Green mulch increases soil tems better than black and gives good weed
control... Bob. (Planting FALL mums today).
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.