market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] SEED STARTING SHELTERS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] SEED STARTING SHELTERS
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 08:31:09 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/2004 5:17:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time, igg AT igg.com writes:
I'm thinking about moving from under the tree and setting up a shade
cloth hoophouse. My experience with shade cloth is that it does break
the force of wild rain and that it is a good place to start seeds.
The established flats we can leave outside in the shade (as
necessary.)
We have a hoophouse with shade cloth, put the plastic over the shade and remove it in the spring.  The rain we got earlier this month packed the ground and beat up transplants but what was inside was fine, even a little bed of tiny leaf lettuces.  so, YES, bug, rain and dropping snake protection.
Wendy

  • Re: [Market-farming] SEED STARTING SHELTERS, Windsoap, 05/26/2004