market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] A Gene Revolution

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] A Gene Revolution
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:09:40 -0400

On Tue, 25 May 2004 09:02:27 -0700 (MST), you wrote:

>What can be done? Well, wringing one's hands obviously isn't the answer.
>All I'm able to do at the moment is grow veggies and sell them at market.
>That in and of itself is quite revolutionary, and in a small way puts a
>dent into the side of profit-only companies like Monsanto.
>
>More to come....

That's not all you can do, Matt. You can also educate
yourself on the issues, vote for candidates who make sense
to you, try to convince others to do so, and work for change
in a variety of other ways.

One of the other ways would be to contribute to
organizations such as Food First, for instance, or Seed
Saver's Exchange, or any of a number of organizations
working to establish local and regional food systems and/or
fighting the root causes of world hunger. (Assuming you
have any extra money, that is - a pretty big assumption.)

Pat