market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] mint recipe, unique promotion

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] mint recipe, unique promotion
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:52:27 -0400

About 15 years ago one of our local growers started growing mint. Today they
plant and market 30 acres of mint. The Bacardi company buys their mint to make
Mojito and for a very small donation to the town where the farm is based they
got the town to change its name at least temporary to Mojito NJ. So when you
travel down RT40 to Atlantic city you will pass a sign saying, "Now entering
Mojito"...Bob.