market-farming - [Market-farming] Joan -Bok Choy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pat Rupiper" <arupiper AT bright.net>
  • To: <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Joan -Bok Choy
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 06:12:41 -0400

We sell Bok Choy. Yes, it wilts. I have two of the big igloo 5 day coolers. I chill overnight empty with a 1 gallon block of ice. Change that out in the morning with a new ice wrapped in thick towel, then put the Choy inside bags. I only display one - give them fresh from the cooler. They think they are 'special', I only ruin 1 product! I do cool down my trays with the flat gel packs (reusable) under them. The Swiss chard limps just as fast - I put stems in cool water like cut flowers. As to cooking Bok Choy. Someone told me Saturday that they grill it! Slice in half, put a soy sauce based marinade on, takes about 5 minutes. I haven't tried, but it sounds good.
Pat R.