market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Mill Grind

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Mill Grind
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 19:58:20 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/2004 9:27:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tonitime AT juno.com writes:
Mill grind
is all the grinding left from making the logs into posts.  Sawdust is
also free and available by truckload for the hauling..............
I used to buy mill grind for the horse stalls.  I composted mine for the veg garden, of couse, but I'll bet there are some that don't.  If the mill driver will tell you who buys it for horse stalls you might could find some "value added" sawdust.  Be sure you compost it for a year, though; all the hard seeds go right through and will germinate.

And, be very sure that the sawdust if from wood only - no mdf, plywood, etc. that contains glues.
Wendy