market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Veggie basket/container gardening/gardeners withback pr...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marc" <gershom_ivri AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Veggie basket/container gardening/gardeners withback pr...
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 09:20:06 -0600

A number of years ago I got interested in the concept of a multipurpose
plant as a decorative gizmo that one could also walk up to and grab a fresh
veggie.

I tried tomatos, eggplants and peppers.

I used welded wire for the verticle support and those inexpensive fake
redwood wooden planters with the wheeled roll around base.

They looked great and were easier to maintain AFTER I clipped out evey other
wire of the welded wire cage so I could get my hands in there to pick off
caterpillars and harvest the product.

The only pain was the caterpillers. They were incredibly numerous and
hungry.

mn

>Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Veggie basket/container gardening/gardeners
withback pr...