market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: "Producer's Only" vs non-"Producer's Only" Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: rjweeks70 AT comcast.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: "Producer's Only" vs non-"Producer's Only" Markets
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 03:15:37 +0000

Hi Matt -

Like I've said before, markets in California are required by state law to be
"producers only".

I personally don't feel that any other kind of market is really a farmer's
market. It's an outdoor produce stand that might as well be your local
supermarket, since the produce could come from anywhere when it's resold.

My .02.

Roger