market-farming - [Market-farming] "Producer's Only" vs non-"Producer's Only" Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT theriver.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] "Producer's Only" vs non-"Producer's Only" Markets
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 12:56:36 -0700 (MST)

I'm trying to get my head around the various benefits and drawbacks to
these two kinds of markets.

As I announced about a month ago, there's going to be a workshop held in
my area that's going to discuss opening a local Farmers' Market. Of
course I'm going to attend and my main purpose is to see that one IS
established. The more I can sell, the more I can grow, and the happier I
am! Yehaw!

Anyhow, people on this list are much more experienced with these things
than I am, so I'd like to hear about those experiences. I've read quite a
bit about the two, so just don't send me links to stuff. I'd much prefer
to hear your own experiences, your opinions, etc. I've also come to my
own conclusions, but I'd like to hear from those of you who've done this
thing for a longer period of time.

Thanks,

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce