market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] row cover and Arugula

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] row cover and Arugula
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 09:15:55 -0400

Shelly,

Here's what you do, get some clear plastic bottles (not 2 litre bottles, they fall over too easily but the 16oz water bottles work well) fill them with water and than coat them with a product like tanglefootâ„¢. place the bottles about every 4' to 5' feet after you have put up your hoops for the row cover. Put the row cover on and within 2 days you should have zero flea beetle pressure and after cutting off damaged leaves in your first cutting you should have a great looking crop. If you have no damage yet than all your cuttings ought to be top-shelf.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
http://www.boulderbelt.com
New Paris, OH

Due to bad weather and a child emergency, I did not get my row cover
on the Arugula the day that it was planted. Everything that I have
read says that it must go on the day of planting to protect from
flea beetles. The seedlings have just emerged. Is it too late to put
it on now or will it still help???
Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm
www.IdleThymeFarms.com <http://www.idlethymefarms.com/>

A place where time stands still, where back to nature is simply a
way of life!