market-farming - [Market-farming] re:Cell phones and things related/Lynne

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] re:Cell phones and things related/Lynne
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:55:00 -0400

Go Lynne!
I so appreciated your post, having made similar choices to yours!
Just the other day, one of the good ol' boys here was talking with me. I
felt like i had arrived when he talked across to me and started blaming a
small complaint of mine on a matter to "those city folk that come on out
here"!! He was talking to one of them ;-) With pitchfork in hand and
my 65 Chevy pickemup behind me, he was comfortable enough. I gave up
that other life after longing for 20+ years to get to this farm.
Here, several of us a starting that ball rolling for local farm
community that grows something other than tobacco or hay! People are
loving it......it'll be a long good haul to make it - but that family
farming spirit is still alive here in our semi-isolation. Folk still
have "home-grown" and their farm history in their genes and love the
small differences beginning to be produced around here.
Good luck in building your community to be supportive!
Toni
Clifty Gardens
Eastern Kentucky
'''''''''''back to planting 30 more Blueberies in this heavenly Spring
weather!

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!