market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Waterproof ink for labels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "eknutson" <eknutson AT clubdepot.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Waterproof ink for labels
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:19:06 -0400

Adrianna,

My Epson is a C84 and I got it from OfficeMax (ordered it online,
http://www.officemax.com/) for $99.98 with two rebates. I don't remember the
rebates exactly, as I was buying a digital camera at the same time (gotta
have it for those brochures!) and there was an extra one if you bought it
with any digital camera. Right now they have a $20 rebate on it. Currently
they also have an Epson C64 for $59.98 that uses the durabright inks too, it
comes with a $10 OfficeMax gift card (Need to buy those labels too, right?)

I've used Epsons for years and love them, they will handle heavier cardstock
nicely since the paper does not have to make a u-turn like some printers, it
is fast (up to 22 ppm) and pretty quiet. They do make some multi-function
devices too. The new Durabrite inks are cool in that you can replace each
color seperatly, so if you run out of yellow first (most people do) you don't
have to throw away a third of a tank of cyan and magenta! I do a lot of
printing and bought it in late January/early February and have about half of
each of the cartridges left, with more of the colors than black.

Check out Epson's website too, they often have refurbished printers that are
guaranteed at pretty good prices.

Betsy