market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Japanese Knotweed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: kt <ktk2a AT earthlink.net>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Japanese Knotweed
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:02:30 -0400

Kt, you might find Pramitol in home depot but it may be sold under a
different trade name you need to look for the active ingredient "prometon".
If you use it, mix some in a container and apply it to the base of the weed
so it can be absorbed by the roots, then rinse the container and dispose of
it. Its a non selective herbicide and will kill every green plant near by
that comes in contact with the stuff, you will not be able to plant anything
else in that area for a couple of years. In some cases its easier to pull
them out with a garden tractor, that's the way I prefer to do it. I prefer to
use pramitol along fence rows to keep wild rose and briars down, and on
stone parking areas to keep the weeds from pushing through, but not in areas
of crop production...Bob.