market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Need tiller recommendations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Need tiller recommendations
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:30:40 EDT

In a message dated 4/16/2004 6:29:37 AM Mountain Daylight Time, chickenscratch AT citlink.net writes:
If you have a TroyBilt or BCS reartine tiller, could you tell me what
you love or hate about it.  Thanks!
April,

When I went shopping for a tiller, I did not have the $$ for a Troybilt. What I found was a Craftsman at Sears. It is their beefy dual rotating rear tine tiller. It is dual mode so operates in front tine mode for light cultivation and rear tine mode for turning in green manure crops and breaking up new ground. It as a 19" deck and I believe a 10" adjustable tilling depth. It is a workhorse. The thing I like the most about it is that has one handed operation so I can walk beside the tiller and not walk on freshly tilled ground. The whole thing ran me about $900 with a 5 year service agreement. I have put this tiller through the riggers and I have no regrets.

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm

www.IdleThymeFarms.com

A place where time stands still, where back to nature is simply a way of life!