market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Need tiller recommendations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Need tiller recommendations
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:23:54 EDT

In a message dated 4/16/2004 5:29:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time, chickenscratch AT citlink.net writes:

If you have a TroyBilt

April,
I have a '90 model Troybilt Pony with an electric start.  What I loved about it new was that I could start it by myself - I am just too short to have a long enough arm reach to start anything - plus, even in my late 40's I could run it all by myself, doing all the tilling of a 5000 sq ft garden, plus anything else needed plowing up.  What I love about it most 14 years later is that it still runs like a top, I can still manage it and my husband also loves it and does most of the work with it!  The models have changed over the years, but the Pony was the middle size.
For small chores, we also have two Mantis tillers.  One is an '88, the second is only about five years old, barely used, and some fool sold it for $50!
Good luck.
Wendy Akin