market-farming - [Market-farming] First Show for me...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "" <herbthyme AT simcon.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] First Show for me...
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:29:31 -0400

Hi Everyone,
I am desperately looking for some advice on the first show that I am going to
join in on. It is the 1st Annual Lawn and Garden show in my area. I was
aksed to share part of a "spot" and I said I would. Now I am scared! This
is my first year doing anything like this including selling to the public.
But I thought it would give me good exposure being that it is local. It is
very expensive but I thought it may be a good idea. I will have veggie
plants such as tomato's, peppers, eggplant, cabbage, brussel sprouts,
broccoli, cauliflower and 2 kinds of basil for the veggies. Then I also
have, purple wave petunia's that will be in pots and hanging baskets,
calibrachoa in pots and hanging baskets, pansies and 2 kinds of gazania. I
thought that I will need a sign of course, business cards and a flyer of all
I will be offering (hopefully) as produce come summer time. Coolers and tubs
for storing and carrying the goods and a table to put them on. I will need
something for the hanging baskets too. Is there anything else that I may need
for these 3 days? Oh yes and I will have a canopy also. Did I mention that
I am very nervous?!! LOL! I greatly appreciate any advice any one may have
for me!

Courtney McLeod
Herb Thyme
Middlefield, Oh