market-farming - [Market-farming] Vegetable Plant Photographs Needed for Garden Education

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Vegetable Plant Photographs Needed for Garden Education
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:14:12 -0600

Our Troostwood Garden is on a corner lot and the beds end about two feet
from the sidewalk. There are 12 beds. At the head of each bed on old real
estate signs we are going to mount a picture of a vegetable, what it does
for the body, how to grow it, and a simple recipe. As people tour our garden
they will learn about what they see growing. The kids in our program will be
the tour guides. By the end of the growing season they will know lots about
good nutrition.

We are in need of good color photographs of common vegetables as they are
growing. We would like to copy the photos digitally and then make each one
part of the design by mounting them on card stock. When our sign is complete
we will laminate and mount it. When the signs fade we can make another from
the information we keep in the computer.

Thanks

Marty Kraft 816-361-1230
Heartland All Species Project
http://www.allspecies.org