market-farming - [Market-farming] Sustainability Conference

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Alex Mcgregor" <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Sustainability Conference
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:03:35 -0500

For those of you who responded to my earlier post about a conference in
Chattanooga, here's a link to some info from the web page:

"PURPOSE:
To focus leaders and concerned citizens within the state of Tennessee on
sustainability as a norm for decision-making and action. The Threshold
Conference is built around plenary presentations, Round Table discussions,
and display interactions. The proceedings will be published in a book,
posted on the internet, and distributed through videotape and CD. These,
together with the conference itself, will act as catalytic agents toward
the development of a sustainable Tennessee."

This is a different kind of thing. It's an opportunity to be involved in
discussions and planning for ways to be more sustainable on a statewide
basis. Everyone can participate in all sessions and help shape how we do
things as a state. I think there's money to help pay for farmers'
conference costs and display booths. You'll need to ask.

Here's the web page:
http://www.jmumc.org/threshold/main.html

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm