market-farming - [Market-farming] Mahindra tractors

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Errol Castens <castens AT peoplepc.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Mahindra tractors
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:11:08 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

I've always believed tractors were meant to be green, but now that I'm
seriously looking for a small (20-30hp) tractor, I find that John Deeres
require an awful lot of green at the dealer, and they don't show up nearly as
often in the want ads as many other brands (except old ones, and I don't have
the skill, time or inclination to be a mechanic for one).

I've heard about a friend of a friend of a friend who likes his Mahindra,
which supposedly goes for a considerably lower price. (And they build some of
them in the USA now.) Anybody here have experience with this brand?

Errol Castens
Providence Farm
Oxford, Mississippi

PeoplePC Online