market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Troybuilt Horse Tiller Tine Rotation Problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Troybuilt Horse Tiller Tine Rotation Problem
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:52:20 -0600

Sounds like the "bronze gears" that Troybilt was so proud of are either
missing some teeth, or worn to "nubbins". My Dad and I rebuilt the drive
train on a Troybilt several years ago. It's not too bad if you're
mechanically inclined. I remember being really impressed with the quality
of the "innards" of the machine. I think the owners manual has some pretty
good diagrams. Don't forget to get oil seals as well when you're buying new
parts.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm