market-farming - [Market-farming] Transgenics / GMOs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shepherd Ogden" <shepogden AT yahoo.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Transgenics / GMOs
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:03:17 -0500

Allan/Brigette (and the list)

Sorry to drop the thread of this discussion, but I was out of the country...

Both of you asked about why I prefer the word transgenics. Rather than post
a length answer, let me post a link to my blog where you can find a paper I
wrote some years ago for a conference of the Association for the Study of
Literature and the Environment (ASLE) in Maine that dealt with farm and food
issues. On the right hand side of the opening screen you will see a list of
categories; click on "Language" and it will take you directly to the paper
(which has a Feb 5 post date).

Also, Brigette, you asked about the book. The working title is "Big MACC
Attack: Multinational Agricultural Chemical Companies and the Food Supply"
and I drew up a 17 page proposal about five years ago which was rejected by
my publishers because "nobody knows or cares." Now it is "old hat" but in
the intervening time I was too busy to work on it.

Perhaps I will post the outline to the klog and then work away at it. I am
already doing this with my two organic books (see
http://www.gardensmarts.com) though at this point I have only uploaded some
of the raw text files for testing and have not started applying any
structure or adding any of my 20K photos. Basically, I am sick of working
for publishers...what's the net about, anyway. Long live Raoul Robinson! <G>

Here is the link:

http:www.gardenklog.com

Shep