market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Price and Size sold...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Price and Size sold...
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:12:52 -0500

I plant wave plugs 5 plugs per 10" hanging basket and Calibrachoa which are
bought in as rooted cuttings 4 plants to a basket. If a guy buys a thousand
pots I sell them for $6.00 anything less I wholesale them for $10.00, I
retail them for $15.00.
I only wholesale when I have extra otherwise wholesaling in a waste of time.

I spray them with Floral at least one time to get them to branch then later
shear them back a month or more before sale, this is important if you want to
avoid bald spots on top of the baskets. Use acidic fertilizers like 20-10-20
or 20-20-20, they will get iron def. if the Ph rises over 6. This crop is not
hard to grow in an unheated hoophouse...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.