market-farming - [Market-farming] ADMIN: html posts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] ADMIN: html posts
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:53:23 -0500

Please, please, please do not post html messages to this list!!!! I just
approved a message, that in the admin screen showed plain text, and when it
arrived in my email showed up as html. I don't know what is up with mailman
to do this, but it's becoming apparent I can't head off html posts anymore.
I hate to put html posters on moderation. I know other lists/groups such as
yahoo accept html posts, and we do have that capability, but with rampant
virus attacks, spammers and the many members on this list who cannot manage
html posts, we can't allow them.

Some of us, though rural, have the pleasure of fast connections & computers,
and we forget the aggravation html posts cause to those on limited dial-up
connections, older machines, etc. Not to mention, for those on digest, html
posts show up as "scrubbed", which means your message isn't reaching folks
who might be able to help you.

I hate sounding like a bore or broken record (am I showing my age???) but
please be courteous to our fellow list members and stick to plain text.

Nice to see the list active ; )).

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC