market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Pressure-treated wood

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: OakCamp2 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Pressure-treated wood
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:11:21 EST

Try to find a local wood kiln and see if the owner will kiln dry the wood you need.  I think this will be the only way you can get wood that is approved for organic production.  We have a kiln in central WI where they do quite a bit of business for the organic farmers.  If he has enough lead time in knowing what you need, he will look for the specific wood and set it aside for cutting and drying the way you want it.

HTH,
Barb Birkinbine
Oak Camp Herb Farm
Lodi, WI