market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] allis-g and other cultivating tools

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] allis-g and other cultivating tools
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:10:11 -0500

The AC G is a very common tractor in my neighborhood, my cousin just bought two G's off a retiring farmer one tractor had a 5 row belly mounted planet junior seeder and the other had a matching 5 row belly mounted cultivator. These tractors are set up for raised bed farming. As far as I know the G only comes with a center "belly mounted" cultivator so they should not be too hard to find. A place where you can find a lot of G's and related parts is in the onion growing areas the country like Orange County NY... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Ploughshare wrote:

I would like to modify my Allis-Chalmers G with a belly mount tool bar.  Has anyone from this list-serve have any tips and/or illustrations from their attempts of doing such a thing?Also, this is the year that I want to have our cultivation systems down pat. I am planning on putting a diamond tool bar on my G so that I can quickly place and remove various implements such as knives, discs, and finger weeders on my G.  We also have a 720 John Deer (with 3-point equipment) and a Farmall-A (searching for belly mount equipment for this tractor). One of the other cultivators that I was thinking about purchasing this year was an Einbock tine weeder, but I am wondering if the $1800 price tag is worth it. I need all the suggestions I can get in order to develop a cultivation system which will put the best use for our tractors.  We are a CSA so we have over 50 varieties of veggies.