market-farming - [Market-farming] ENDANGERED HORSES FOR SALE

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] ENDANGERED HORSES FOR SALE
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:47:29 EST

I received the Email below and think it may be of interest to many on the list - A good way to acquire working horses since many are draft breeds.  If I didn't have this blasted back injury, I would sure be choosing one...
Wendy Akin
Akin Farm, TX
Greetings All,
Since I know that many of you are "horse people" (and the others are people who care about animals), I wanted to bring this email to your attention.  I received it from a friend who is MOST concerned about the future of these lovely horses.  I wish I had the land to have one....  But even if you don't personally have the proper setting to help one, you may very well know of someone -- or some organization -- that does.
Thanks for your time.
Blessings and Happy New Year!
Jimmy XX

Hope you'll take a minute to check out the website at the end of this email.

There are some wonderful looking horses for sale, only a few shown in this situation.  We learned that 100 ranches, that were farming horses to produce a post menopausal hormone treatment, Premarin, from pregnant mares urine, have been shutdown. This hormone, like many others, has been revealed as "unsafe." 100 more ranches are in the process of being shutdown. On those 100 ranches, there will be approximately 45,000 horses, once the current group of pregnant mares foal. The woman with whom I spoke said it is optimistic to think that maybe 5,000 of them will escape the slaughterhouse....

I am well aware few are you are interested in owning a horse at this time but I am contacting you to find potential interest. If you know of a camp, school or program that could provide a home or would have interest in the use or access to a horse please let me know and send me the contact information. I am making efforts to salvage at least some of these precious creatures.

Thank you for your time and best wishes in the 2004,

Lucy

LDM1977 AT aol.com

http://unitedpegasus.com/PMUMaresSIX.html

  • [Market-farming] ENDANGERED HORSES FOR SALE, Windsoap, 01/10/2004