market-farming - [Market-farming] sustainable agriculture and organic conference at Plimouth Plantation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] sustainable agriculture and organic conference at Plimouth Plantation
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 22:16:23 -0500

Farmers, educators, and other agriculture experts will participate in a
conference on sustainable agriculture and organic food this month and next
month. Entitled "The Power of Choice: Restoring the Health of Our Community
and Local Economy by the Foods We Choose," the gathering will feature Sally
Fallon, author of "Nourishing Traditions," Donald Bixby, author of "Rare
Breeds Album of American Livestock," Joan Gussow, author of "This Organic
Life," Eliot Coleman, author of "The New Organic Grower," and Joel Salatin,
author of "You Can Farm."

Attendees will explore pasture-raised livestock, raw milk, nutrition, and
practical farming.

The conference will be held at Plimoth Plantation, MA Jan. 16-18 and Feb.
13-15. The two weekends cover different subjects. The first weekend costs
$180, the second $190. Meals are included.

Call 781-740-2722 for more information.

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC
http://www.marketfarming.com new content added daily!!
http://www.laughingbrookfarm.com

  • [Market-farming] sustainable agriculture and organic conference at Plimouth Plantation, Liz Pike, 01/09/2004