market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Naturally grown certification

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Old Timin'" <oldtimin AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Naturally grown certification
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:14:54 -0500

I just got the new issue of one of my favorite seed catalogs, Baker creek.
In it is an ad for an organization for smaller farmers who do things
organically but don't want or can't justify the expence/ hassle of being
certified organic. It is free, donations are requested. It has the same do's
and don'ts as organic but little paper work.They have a website
www.naturallygrown.org . I am planning on doing this. Here in Ohio the
organic certification is $500/year, not worth it for me,but I will be able
to show that I am certified naturally grown. In one area they are more
strict, they do a random tissue sample every year of 10% of there members. I
think for the little guy this will be a great thing.
God Bless,
Kevin Miller (NW Ohio, Zone 5)