market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Geothermal

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Geothermal
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 21:58:49 -0600

The system they quoted is propane furnace and electricity I think.  We have really deep soil with few rocks.  I wanted a ground source heat pump, thinking solar panels and/or wind energy would power it really cheaply.  Also hoping it could heat chicken houses, barn, greenhouse and house.  I thought we could learn how to install a heat pump ourselves – digging ditches, installing pipe etc, but I can’t find out anything about it.  Also have an old deep well that went dry – thought we could use that but they say no.  I wish the government would spend as much money on renewable and cheap energy sources as oil in the mid east.  I write to my representative about it but he mostly ignores me.

Marie in Missouri

Marie  --  I kinda thought they might be on the pricey side.  Is this with good digging ground?  Any thing out of the ordinary?  Thanks in advance for sharing.

Tom Anslow

Up on Lake Erie

  • RE: [Market-farming] Geothermal, Marie Kamphefner, 01/01/2004