market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Most durable row cover

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Most durable row cover
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:32:06 -0500

I like agri-pro 30 (70% light transmission. I have had these covers on crops all through hot summers with temps above 95˚F with no problems from heat stress. As a matter of fact they did better under heavy row cover than without that summer. At any rate the 30 wgt. lasts me 2 to 3 years of hard use.

tuffbel is also very tuff and will not heat plant but it is pricey at something like $179 for a 110' roll. Organic Valley is the only distributor of tufbel that I know of. I bought a roll 4 years ago and it is just now starting to go bad. But at 5 times the price of heavy weight row cover i don't know if it is worth the expense.

jpike AT gloryroad.net wrote:
Hi,
I'm going to get my order in for row cover this week. I generally use 21X 300

foot
pieces, try to stick with the 0.5 oz weight so things don't get too hot. I
tried Novagryl
last year and had two of three pieces with rips, I'd be interested in other
peoples
suggestions for tough row cover that would last 2 or 3 seasons.

Paul

Paul Bucciaglia
Fort Hill Farm
Organic Vegetables, Herbs, and Flowers
18 Fort Hill Rd.
New Milford CT 06776
(860) 350-3158
I need sources for row covers as well. I am in south central Virginia,zone

Do you Yahoo!?