market-farming - [Market-farming] G house heater

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "J + K Delvas" <greenthumbs AT cheqnet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] G house heater
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:14:51 -0600

Roger-

The ignition is a  piezoelectric device. But there is no blower on the model that I got. The thermostat is for the burner. It has a pilot light and I only used the ignition device when I first started the heater. I had the heater thermostat set at its lowest setting and when the G house air was warm the burner shut itself off, then restarted by the thermostat.

I used circulation fans to move the warm air around the house. The blower for the heater seemed like a rip off. Is like $60.00 and very tiny.

One more reason I really like using this particular model is that I could disconnect the gas line and just remove the entire heater from the house in the warm season. Very user friendly.

JD

John -

Thank you for your suggestion.  I looked at this heater, and while it
appears to have a thermostatically controlled blower, it still has a
piezoelectric ignition, so I'd have to go turn on the heater every
night, and there's no shutoff of heat when the temperature is warm
enough.

Can anyone recommend a propane heater that has electric ignition and a
thermostat so it can be hands-free heat?

Roger

  • [Market-farming] G house heater, J + K Delvas, 12/25/2003