market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pre-Fab Sheds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pre-Fab Sheds
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:37:21 -0500

What's the latest on the pre-fab shed; did you find one?

We need one, too - help!

Either that, or clean out the stables!!

I saw a place on the Gainesville exit on I-66 that is selling the assembled 'mini barn' sheds for $600. I couldn't stop because I was carrying a load that day, but, from the road, the sheds looked well made. that's about $300 less than the "American Amish" people are offering sheds for. The legendary Shane LaBrake of Accoceek recommends spending the extra to get the double floor in any garden shed.

I also saw that 84 lumber is offering kits for building the same design. If the kit is substantially cheaper, that's what I'm going to go for since the whole 'haul it' scenario kind of gives me the creeps. (But is supposed to be painless.)

Keep me posted on your endeavors.

Allan:

--
Robert Farr
The Chile Man

* A sustainable farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas, mustards,
and barbecue.
* Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com
* Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html
* Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year. See our web site for
details!