market-farming - [Market-farming] Cole crops and frost

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ken Bezilla" <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cole crops and frost
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 04:47:57 +0000

We've got some fall cole crops. It's been years since I've (succesfully) grown cole crops for fall harvest, and my memory's fuzzy about what temperatures mature plants can handle. Does anyone know at what temperatures the heads for broccoli, cauliflower, Chinese cabbage, and cabbage get damaged? (My memory says it's something like 28, 32, 25, and 20, but I don't want to trust it...)

(Strangeness: here in Missouri we STILL haven't had a good frost yet -- average first frost is October 15, but we've only had a couple light frosts that didn't have time to do any real damage. Very peculiar indeed...)

Ken Bezilla
East Wind
southern Missouri, zone 6b

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)