market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Stack and nest containers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wake Robin Farm" <megschader AT wakerobinfarm.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Stack and nest containers
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:45:50 -0500

We have found that Rubbermaid Roughneck containers work well on our farm.  They come in three sizes, have lids, and stack with or without the lids.  They work great for harvesting and storing produce in our cooler. They work like Tupperware for most of the produce - storing most things very well. At about $4 each, we can afford to invest in the number we really need instead of scrambling for harvest bins.  They don't last forever -- our five year olds are starting to lose handles and crack, but they are still usable as compost bins, another commodity we find ourselves searching for!

Meg Schader
Wake Robin Farm
177 Brutus Rd.
Jordan, NY  13080
315-689-0034
megschader AT wakerobinfarm.org
www.wakerobinfarm.org

  • [Market-farming] Re: Stack and nest containers, Wake Robin Farm, 11/13/2003