market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: Weird Veggies vs. Whole Grains

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: <bockpa AT plesh.com>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: Weird Veggies vs. Whole Grains
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:16:27 -0600

Regards to the list:

We include wheat in our CSA/subscription shares. They can either make
bread with it or cook it for breakfast food or whatever. We had good
feedback and some of the subscribers asked for more. When we had our
wheat harvest, we kept several metal garbage cans of it. We clean it as
we need it. We gave a bag of it about once a month.

I'm planning to do something similar with our open pollinated field corn
for next year. Maybe put a couple of ears in a share and give a recipe
for parched corn. I would like to grind some into corn meal and give a
"cornbread kit" with eggs and a recipe, but my grinder is very small and
it would take forever.

Marie in Missouri