market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Question
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:04:09 -0500

For organic certification under the USDA rules, you do not have to be
certified to call your produce organic if you sell less than $5000 per year.
The caveat is, you DO have to follow ALL the rules, including all the
paperwork. So, you save the certification fee, but not the many many many
hours of record keeping and form filling.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm