market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fall work

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fall work
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:10:34 -0400

Got our 2000 garlics planted yesterday on a beautiful warm fall afternoon.

Just about got all the cover crops planted and have many fall items ready to harvest for our one remaining farmer's market (end at the end of the month) and our late fall CSA cycle that will go to Thanksgiving

We killed every chicken on the place (75 broilers and 48 layers) last week which has freed up an amazing amount of time and filled two freezers with wonderful pastured poultry to eat and sell over the winter. We find not having chickens around very strange. We have had birds year 'round for the past 6 years. Our dogs are at a lost as to what their job is now that the birds are gone. But it is nice to know we can leave the farm for more than 18 hours. Next spring we are planning to get more pullets

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste