market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 9, Issue 10

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jackie Fisher" <splltrss AT scrtc.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 9, Issue 10
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:04:07 -0500

*****The beetle being described here is NOT a beneficial, even though it's a
lady beetle, specifically the Multicolored Asian Lady Beetle. It is a pest
on soft fruit, like raspberries, peaches, plums, grapes. *****

Is that what the strange colored Lady Bugs I have seen a few of this summer
are? Although I haven't seen them doing what you all have described, I
wondered at the strange coloration I was seeing at times on Lady Bugs, but
theorized that the planet was just adapting the species in response to man's
mistreatments e.g. pesticides, chemical fertilizers, etc. Oh wait, I do
remember one biting me now, but it didn't register at the time that was
unusual, hehe, everything seemed to be biting me then. So where did these
bugs come from, and what impact do they have on the good Lady Bug
population, please?

Jackie Fisher
A Different Drummer Farm
South Central Kentucky
270-432-0970

  • [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 9, Issue 10, Jackie Fisher, 10/10/2003