market-farming - [Market-farming] re: Asian lady beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom Jasperson" <frshstrt AT baldwin-telecom.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: frshstrt AT baldwin-telecom.net
  • Subject: [Market-farming] re: Asian lady beetles
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:59:56 -0500

Hi!  The bug problem has been the topic of conversation all over and our county extension agent said they are beneficial as they eat aphids on soybeans - but they like sugar and with our drought have eaten alot  of grapes and raspberries.  The problem  will hopefully decrease when the natural predator of  the beetle,a parasitic wasp finally moves north out of the carolinas.  But for the next few years we must deal with them.  Lu

  • [Market-farming] re: Asian lady beetles, Tom Jasperson, 10/10/2003