market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mulch on a big scale

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mulch on a big scale
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 06:37:18 -0400

> I was wondering if any of you who market flowers and vegetables on a
bigger scale mulch the
> fields to prevent weeds and what material do you use?

Andrea, there's lots of materials that can be considered mulch, and each
crop responds differently to the material used. Hay and wood mulch have
already been mentioned and you can grow "green manure" crops that function
in much the same way. There's also black plastic and the various colored
plastics for use on specific crops.

This link is to some posts from this list archived on marketfarming.net
about mulch.

http://www.marketfarming.net/mulch.asp

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm